The integrity of your roof is far too important to hand over to a roofing contractor who you haven’t fully researched and vetted. Simply choosing the contractor with the lowest rates can be a poor decision and in no way guarantees you a job well done. You want a roofing system that will stay the course. Here are some basic tips to keep in mind when you need to hire a Los Angeles roofer.
Ask Questions and Demand Answers
Have a list of questions in hand when you meet a potential contractor for the first time and don’t let him or her get away with not answering them. You may want to consider it a red flag if the roofing contractor dodges your inquiries. Here are a few of the questions that you should come armed with.
- Are you licensed by the state of California to install roofs in Los Angeles, beyond a typical business license?
- Can you give me referrals from previous customers?
- Does this roofing company carry liability and worker’s compensation insurance and can you offer proof of that fact?
- What can you tell me about both your workmanship warranty and your manufacturer’s warranty?
Meet with representatives from multiple companies. Based on their answers and estimates, choose the contractor who you feel will give you the highest quality roof and the best experience.
Understand Your Contract
Before the roofing contractor begins work on your building, make sure you have thoroughly read and understood the contract. The contract should include several specific aspects of your roof replacement process.
- Though hard and fast schedules are difficult to establish because of weather complications, your contract should have a general outline of when different steps of the process will be completed.
- The details of the materials the contractor will use should be included, including specifications of shingle/coating quality and style.
- Payment should be completely discussed and agreed upon in the contract before work on the roof begins.
- Your expectations of the workers’ clean up responsibility should be included in the contract.
Don’t sign a contract that you have qualms about. Discuss anything you’re unsure of with the contractor before the workers begin the roofing process for your building.
Hiring a roofing contractor can seem like an intimidating process, especially when leaks or storm damage make time a factor. But if you do your research by asking pertinent questions and practice vigilance at every turn by making sure the company sticks to the contract, your roofing experience can be worry free and successful. At Central Roofing Company, our customer satisfaction is our top priority.
By trusting Central Roofing Company as your roofing contractor of choice, you can rest easy knowing your roof is in the best hands.
Click here to submit a free estimate request with Central Roofing Company, a roofing contractor you can trust.