There is not much about commercial buildings that is more important to their longevity than their roofs. The ever-shining sun that people love so much in Southern California can take its toll on a roof’s surface, so protection is extremely important when planning the overall maintenance of any commercial or industrial building. When it comes to roof coatings in Los Angeles, there are a lot of different options, depending on the structure of the building. Let’s look at some of the most popular roof coatings and the selling points for going this route.
Types of Roof Coatings
Depending on whether your building’s roof is sloped or flat, you have choices for different types of treatments. You’ll also want to consider how many vents and other openings you have on the roof, as having a high number of “interruptions” also can influence your decision. Check out these options:
• Cool roof: These reflective coatings are great for keeping the sun’s rays at bay. They help reduce costs spent on cooling the interior of your building and protects from damage due to water or chemical intrusion.
• Silicone coatings: Both low-odor and quick-curing, silicone roof coatings in Los Angeles can be applied on top of other roofing materials. This coating can last for 10 to 25 years, reducing the need for costly maintenance or leak repairs.
• Acrylic coatings: These are lightweight yet durable, and they offer a seamless barrier against leaks and water damage. Acrylic coatings are a VOC-free product.
• Single-ply membranes: For roofs with a slight slope, this film is rolled out and can be adhered using a couple of different options.
Benefits of roof coatings in Los Angeles
The up sides of roof coatings are many. That’s why so many building owners choose to add them to the roofs of their commercial and industrial properties. Consider all of these benefits:
• They can reflect light, keeping the building cooler and reducing energy costs.
• Roof coatings cost less to apply than reinstalling an entire damaged roof.
• They extend the life of the roof and the life of the entire building.
• They are environmentally friendly and Title-24 compliant.
• The aesthetic quality of the structure can be improved, particularly with cool roofs.
If adding a roof coating makes sense for maintaining and increasing the longevity of your building, get in touch today to learn more about our services and how we can help. We can be reached with our online form or by calling us at (310) 527-6770.